It all started in Skagit Valley, Washington
David and Connor’s dad became fed up with seeing their potato crops damaged by repeated timing errors, equipment failures, and miscommunication with his irrigation teams. His frustration continued to mount due to the lack of options available for monitoring and controlling his farm equipment, specifically their irrigation reels.
He then asked David & Connor to find a better solution, and with that, FarmHQ was born.
Since that moment, we’ve spent every day designing, building, and testing FarmHQ during several growing seasons on irrigation reels and water pumps across farms in the Skagit Valley. We’re proud to say that we’ve built a bolt-on system for farmers who want fewer headaches when irrigating, the ability to protect their crops cost-efficiently, and a desire for more time back in their hands.
As of today, we’re a growing agricultural technology company helping farmers who grow annual crops streamline their operations. We continue to focus on simplicity by providing easy-to-use solutions that help farmers monitor and control their mobile irrigation systems in real time.
FarmHQ is committed to helping farmers increase efficiency and reduce stress with the right amount of technology. Fostering trust with the farming community is our top priority and we do so by creating practical solutions that put money and hours back into the farmer’s pocket, while making a positive impact on the planet.
We are dedicated to being the reliable digital partner for the modern farm. FarmHQ bridges the gap between the latest technology and the difficult, dirty work that farmers do every day.
Meet Our Crew
Providing farmers with simple solutions to complex irrigation problems right in the palm of their hands.
Chief Executive Officer
David received his Ph.D. in Solid State Chemistry from Johns Hopkins University in 2015. He spent four years working as a Sr. Data Scientist at Amazon.com before leaving to join Wallace Farms and start CODA in 2019.
Chief Technical Officer
Connor graduated from Reed College with a degree in Physics in 2013. He has worked as a Full-Stack Software Engineer for multiple tech companies in Portland and San Francisco. Recently, Connor hiked more than 2,000 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail!
Lead Software Engineer
Dan discovered his passion for programming while working as a math teacher and spent several years as a hobbyist programmer before beginning his formal studies in Computer Science at South Seattle College. Dan joined the team as our lead front-end developer in 2020.
Lead Hardware Engineer
Gabe received his M.S. in Robotics from the Colorado School of Mines in 2018. He spent two years working in industrial automation as a controls engineer in Denver. Recently, he was part of a team responsible for modernizing the control architecture at a FedEx sort facility.
Director of Operations and People
Breanna graduated from Colgate University with a Sociology and Anthropology degree. She worked in both the social work field and at a staffing agency before spending 5.5 years at Amazon, most recently as a Sr. Program Manager. She joined CODA in early 2022.
Director of Brand & Marketing
Andrew has worked across the media and publishing space for over 10 years advising marketing teams for clients of all sizes. He most recently worked at Upworthy as the Director of Product & Monetization and at Shareability, where he helped companies build their brand with content via storytelling. He joined FarmHQ in October of 2022.
Manager of West Coast Sales
David grew up working on a dairy farm in Tulare, CA. He graduated with a Business Management Degree from the University of Phoenix and has been with FarmHQ since late 2022.
Currently Open Roles
Marketing and Sales
Regional Sales Manager - Great Lakes
REMOTE WITHIN GREAT LAKES REGION (US AND CANADA)/ FULL-TIME
Founded by third-generation farmers, CODA Farm Technologies is a growing agricultural technology company bringing cloud-based automation to agricultural irrigation. We’ve built a product that makes farmers’ lives easier while saving huge amounts of water and carbon emissions. Now we need your help to get that product into the hands of as many farmers as possible. This is your opportunity to become an early team member in a fast-growing, mission-driven company and help transform agricultural irrigation and improve farmers’ lives.
What you’ll do in the Regional Sales Manager role:
You will report to CODA’s Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for:
Effectively Communicating with all Sales Leads:
- Develop a deep understanding of CODA’s products and services
- Understand customer needs and identify how our solutions can meet them
- Demonstrate CODA’s products and services to prospective customers
- Represent CODA to all industry stakeholders, including at major industry events
Building and Managing a Sales Pipeline:
- Generate leads, and build and nurture a network of relationships with farmers, distributors, manufacturers, and other industry stakeholders
- Identify short- and long-term sales priorities, recommending options and courses of action, and owning those priorities
- Track all sales activities and initiatives, and regularly communicate progress to CODA’s internal team
- Identify and develop growth strategies to help dramatically scale up CODA’s sales operations
Reporting and Monitoring Sales:
- Help build CODA’s internal sales operations infrastructure
- Establish sales goals, monitor performance, and project key metrics for leadership
- Provide marketing feedback to help drive sales
- Work closely with leadership and engineering to drive sales and product development
- Set a strong example of culture and leadership to enhance the whole team
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- This roles requires domestic, and potentially international, travel (25%)
What you bring:
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is excited to work closely with the company’s founders to help build the company’s operations, internal infrastructure, and culture
- Has a self-directed and proactive approach to work
- Cares deeply about helping make agricultural irrigation more efficient around the world
- Possesses a thorough understanding of principles and methods used to sell technology products and services
- Can demonstrate a track record of driving sales within the agriculture and irrigation sectors
Qualifications for the role:
The qualifications we are looking for include:
- Four or more years of experience in a technology, preferably agriculture technology, sales role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience formulating a sales strategy for new products or new applications
- Experience managing sales contacts, and full lifecycle sales
- Proven experience in using a customer relationship management tool to track sales activities
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
Other background or experiences that are a plus include:
- Startup experience
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Remote working setup stipend available
- Flexible schedule
- Annual Base Salary Range: $60,000 – $80,000
- Additional commissions up to $100,000, based on sales volume
- Stock options
- Full coverage for medical, dental, vision
- Unlimited paid time off
We are always looking for motivated individuals with strong engineering skillsets to join our team. If you don’t see a role here that matches your skills and interests, please send us a message!
FarmHQ is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We prohibit any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Looking for a role?
We are always on the look out for talented and experienced folks who are passionate about our mission—regardless of their job title. If you’ve got ideas and want to help, drop us a line!
Stay in touch
FarmHQ will not share your contact information with third parties.
Stay in touch
As featured in
CODA Farm Technologies and Traveling Irrigation System Manufacturer Kifco Announce Partnership to Bring CODA’s FarmHQ Remote Monitoring & Control Capabilities to Kifco’s Hard-Hose Ag-Rain Water-Reels
Leading traveling irrigation system manufacturer Kifco and CODA Farm Technologies...
FarmHQ iOS Smartphone App for Remotely Monitoring and Controlling Irrigation Equipment Now Available in the Apple App Store
January 24, 2023 - Farm technology company FarmHQ today announced that its FarmHQ...
Team Member Spotlight: Gabe Martin – Lead Hardware Engineer – Draws on Robotics, Industrial Controls Background, and A Passion for Agriculture to “Help Farmers Solve Problems”
Gabe Martin’s path has taken him from the farms and shipyards of the Pacific Northwest,...